NNPS Profile of a Learner
As students in NNPS, we embody our Profile of a Learner and the Virginia Profile of a Graduate (Critical Thinking, Creative Thinking, Collaboration, Communication and Citizenship).
As LEADERS, we are:
- Confident in our actions and abilities.
- Coachable and understanding of how to work with other leaders.
- Team Builders through collaboration.
- Champions of Change.
- Respectful to ourselves, others and the environment.
- Influential members of our community and empower others to champion a cause.
As EMOTIONALLY-INTELLIGENT learners, we are:
- Committed to making choices that lead to life-long success.
- Confident in our intellectual, physical and emotional well-being.
- Resourceful in seeking and accepting support.
- Empathetic to others.
- Focused on honesty, integrity, trust and transparency.
As ACADEMICALLY-PREPARED learners, we are:
- Literate across all areas.
- Appliers of our Knowledge.
- Workforce-Minded with a focus on being college and career ready.
- Accountable for our own success.
- Intrinsically Motivated.
- Digitally Confident.
As RESILIENT learners, we are:
- Responsive to challenges and use them as opportunities to learn and grow.
- Self-Directed and take initiative.
- Persistently learning from failure.
- Adaptive to various environments.
As INNOVATORS, we are:
- Deliberate in our process to solve problems.
- Problem-Finders through research and experiential learning.
- Divergent Thinkers who harness the power of technology.
As EQUITY-MINDED learners, we are:
- Inclusive and welcoming to others.
- Ethically-Minded, equity and fair-minded.
- Culturally Aware and embrace differences.
- Responsive to global perspectives for making informed decisions.
- Advocates for equity.
As REFLECTIVE learners, we are:
- Receptive to feedback for growth.
- Developers of our own future.