The Newport News Public Schools staff welcomes the opportunity to provide resources and answer your questions. The Newport News Public Schools main information number is (757)591-4500. You may also contact us online.
Student Information System: ParentVUE and StudentVUE
Frequently Asked Questions
- What school will my child attend? Where is our bus stop?
Information about school attendance zones and bus stops are available in our Bus Stop and Zone Finder
- Where and how do I register my child for school?
Visit our Registration Information page to download the necessary forms which should be taken to your child's school.
- What vaccinations are required for enrollment?
All immunization requirements can be found on our Health Requirements for School Entry page.
- What time does school start and end?
Please download our Operating Hours information (pdf).
- Can I view my student's grades and information online?
We provides online student information through ParentVUE. You may register for access at your child's school.
- How do I find out about the school lunch programs and meal prepay accounts?
Please visit Child Nutrition Services for information on pricing, free and reduced meals, and myPaymentsPlus prepay accounts. You can also see our School Meal Menus as they become available.
- How do I find out about weather delays and closings?
Please bookmark School Closings, Cancellations & Delays page for up-to-date and breaking information. Also, all delays and closings will be communicated through the NNPS Facebook and Twitter accounts.
On the Calendar
SpeakUp Anonymous Reporting System
Newport News Public Schools has launched a new anonymous reporting system. SpeakUp provides a simple way for students and families to easily and confidentially report threats of violence, bullying, peers in crisis and other imminent threats.
SpeakUp's trained safety representatives monitor and evaluate reported tips 24/7/365 and send an email regarding non-life-threatening situations to designated school contacts or district staff members. In more urgent situations, district-appointed contacts are notified immediately by phone. In the most imminent cases, SpeakUp representatives will contact law enforcement to intervene if they are unable to notify a district-appointed contact.
Report safety concerns anytime:
- Students may click the SpeakUp icon on their Chromebook
- Email [email protected]
- Call or text: (757) 765-4440
- Assisting Your Child, A Fun and Educational Resource Guide
- Attendance Policy
- Back to School Information
- Bus Routes & Zone Finder
- Child Nutrition Services
- Closings & Cancellations
- Dress Codes
- Driver Education
- Elementary Student Resources (Portaportal)
- ESL Welcome Center
- Grading Scale
- Graduation Requirements
- Guidance Handbooks
- Health Services
- Home School Info
- Military Families
- myPaymentsPlus (Meals & Activities)
- NN School Age Programs
- Out-of-Zone Transfer Form
- Parent Educator Resource Center (PERC)
- Phone Directory (Departments)
- Policies & Procedures Manual
- PTA Information
- Registration Requirements
- School Counseling
- Student Handbook (Rights & Responsibilities)
- Support Our Schools (Passive Fundraising)
- Tenets of Literacy
- Title I Notice to Parents and Guardians
- VDOE Parent Links
- Volunteering in NNPS
- Wellness Policy
- Withdrawal Procedures
- Youth & Family Activities
- Zone Finder (Search by address for school and bus routes.)
- Zone Map (City of Newport News GIS Maps; click on Education.)