For information regarding licensure in Virginia, please visit the Virginia Department of Education website.
- Routes to Licensure
- New Licensure Requirement: Emergency First Aid, CPR and Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
License Renewal and Forms
- VDOE Requirements for Renewal
- Licensure Request Form
- Relicensure Report Form
- Earning Recertification Points
- Application For License Renewal
Professional Teacher Assessments
- Professional Teacher's Assessment Requirements for Virginia Licensure and the School Leader's Licensure Assessment for Principals
Technology Standards for Instructional Personnel (TSIP) Licensure Information
- Current Newport News School Employees should contact James Blizzard, (757) 881-5061 x.11128 with questions about licensure at NNPS.
School Leaders Licensure Assessment
Individuals seeking an endorsement in Administration and Supervision are required to take and pass the School Leaders Licensure Assessment. The "cut" score of 165 has been established by the State Board of Education as Virginia's passing score for the School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA). For information regarding registration, test administration, fees, etc., please visit the Educational Testing Services website.