Custodial Apprenticeship Program
The purpose of the apprenticeship program is to ensure the professional development of the Custodial Services employees by providing relevant, educational and on the job training. Employees may earn salary increases with successful completion of level requirements.
Some of the benefits to the staff will be:
- increased pay for a higher level of skills
- advanced knowledge and skills in custodial maintenance
- industry certification
The school system will benefit by having a highly qualified work force that will ensure safe and clean schools and work locations for students and staff.
Who is eligible?
Obtain an Apprenticeship Application Form from your lead, senior or area supervisor or the Plant Services office. Send the completed copy to the Custodial Services Supervisor in the Plant Services office. Please contact the custodial office for application period dates.
How do I enroll?
Obtain an Apprenticeship Application Form from your manager or the CNS central office during the application period. Send the completed copy to the CNS's central office. Please contact the CNS office for application period dates.
Can I receive credit for prior coursework?
After review by the Custodial Services Supervisor and the TNCC representative, credit may be given. Documentation/transcripts will be required. A passing grade of "C" or better is required as a minimum before credit is given.
- The Apprentice is expected to maintain a passing grade, "C" or better in all courses.
- The Apprentice is expected to attend all scheduled courses. If an Apprentice has more than one (1) unexcused absence he/she will be removed from the program. The Apprentice is responsible for seeking approval for absences from the Custodial Services Supervisor and it is his/her responsibility to make up all work missed.
- If the Apprentice has any work performance issues or disciplinary occurrences while in the program it will result in the Apprentice being dropped from the program.
- The Apprentice is expected to be prepared for class and complete all required assignments by the due dates given. The apprentice should contact the Custodial Services Supervisor immediately if they are unable to adhere to any deadlines.